The KBGP

K

KBjeep

Rust repair done (poorly) with flux core

Hd tierod ordered, OtK Is in the mail. Where can I get a large drill bit? 3/4 or 7/8 for a 1/2 drill

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I was trying to figure out what the hell I was looking at then realized the picture is upside down.
Cheapest place would be princess auto for drill bits that size.

K

KBjeep

Ya I have picture posting issues lol thanks I was thinking p.a.

K

KBjeep

PiTA motor mounts in
d.s. 2.5hours
P.s. 15min
Noticed the rad was leaking . Anyone have a spare or an easy upgrade (low bucks would be good to)

K

KBjeep

Keeping with my used part themed building. I picked up a used currie correct link. One year old amd still in great shape. One thing I did notice was a zerk was broken off the back tre at the drag link? I flipped it with the wheel end that has one on the bottom. Correct me if I am wrong but it makes more sense right?uploadfromtaptalk1390088089327.jpg
Photo before flipping ends

K

KBjeep

Need a p.s. caliper from a 91 Cherokee d30. Preferably with out a seized bleeder :mad:
Thanks Ken

junkpile

Drill bit?

(Sorry didn't realize this was from 3days ago, you've most likely remedied the situation by now)

junkpile

I think those are aftermarket seals designed to keep mud out of your axle tube. Not factory.
Maybe try google "Dana 30 outer axle tube seal"

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
And you don't want to waste your money on them. All they do is trap water inside. Sooner or later the seal will fail, odds are where the shaft goes through, water will get in and have no where to go. It will then start rotting your actual seals due to continuous exposure to said water. You will then develop a seal leak and have no idea unless you open your pumpkin on a regular basis. The cons are much worse than the pros.

K

KBjeep

Thanks for the heads up. They came with my axles when I swapped. They seamed like a good idea but they are definitely traping crap in there.
So what should I replace them with? Just leave it open or get new outer seals. In the process of changing inner seals

junkpile

Your axle only has inner seals from the factory. No need to replace those outer seals because as 2Greys described they end up doing more bad than good. By all means replace your inner seals if they are leaking.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Leave em open. They came from the factory with little plastic covers which stopped big stuff getting in but allowed of to drain