The Start of the 4Runner Build

S

Steve B

Info

I'm doing the Full SAS 4" front lift with a Toyota axle and the 5" lift on the rear from trail gear, rockers from trail gear, Full stainless exhaust from Downey, a spool in the rear,and probably a Aussie locker in the front, eventually a dual transfer case as well and who knows where this will end, probably it will get full link suspension within a few years but can only do so much at a time CASH sensitive,lol....not sure what tires i'm going with yet , probably at least 36x12.5x16 but i'll need them in time for Spring :):stir:

D

Dirk

Here's an action shot of Steve the Builder molesting his front-end.

S

Steve B

Cool Pic Dirk, Yes it was grinding, but i'm getting a full face shield, the little stones get kind of tiresome bouncing off my face:glasses:

Last edited:
D

Dirk

Before you weld those bitches on make a copy of them for my truck!!!

I have them on mine also. Was gonna make my own but there was only about $20 difference between them an just buyingthe material.....I wasnt gonna cut, bend & weld then up for that little difference.
just FYI :D

S

Steve B

Well I got the tranny out tonight and hopefully get most of the frame cleaned up and start working on my fuel and brake issues, it sucks going from a semi high tech truck with abs and a diesel to a very low tech truck with a gas engine, rolls of wire and brake tubing oh joy oh glee.:banghead:

D

Dirk

Your truck was lonely all weekend... was crying out for you all Saturday and Sunday.... I could barely stand and almost started working on it. :flipoff:

S

Steve B

LOL, by the sounds of it you have been spending a bit too much time in the diesel funk that your truck spews, hope you had some success in that dept today.:finger:

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Could you guys give me a inside frame measurement @ the motor mounts so I can compare to my '85 frame?

Thanks.

S

Steve B

It may have to wait till the weekend unless Dwayne or Dirk could do it one of these nights.
Steve.

S

Steve B

And Farm Boy I will get you that measurement,,,I forgot about it,,,lost in the build,,, bottom of v mtr mnt 16 3/4 ,,,,top of v mtr mount 20 1/4,,,,,,23 frame to frame at front start of mtr mount ,,,,,,any other measurements i'll have to have a phone and a tape measure in my hand to know where you want me to measure .:smokin: