Staff member
Club Member
For reference, my buggy has a 4" all-pro front SAS

It made my 36's look tiny. Go 37's ;)

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
With the V6 for me they suggest 5", I'm thinkin that's going to be way to tall for my liking. You're putting a 4 banger back in and taking out the deisel, yes? I've read I could also use a T100 oil pan and pickup, I guess it's shaped differently then the V6 and will be out of the way of the diff.
Maybe I should look in to that so I can stay @ 4". I want it to match my cruizer coiled rear so I don't have to do anything there yet.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
With the V6 for me they suggest 5", I'm thinkin that's going to be way to tall for my liking. You're putting a 4 banger back in and taking out the deisel, yes? I've read I could also use a T100 oil pan and pickup, I guess it's shaped differently then the V6 and will be out of the way of the diff.
Maybe I should look in to that so I can stay @ 4". I want it to match my cruizer coiled rear so I don't have to do anything there yet.

Especially with the added weight the 2nd gen 4runners have. Try to stay as low as you can....

You remember how much my truck leaned and it was far lighter than a 2nd gen 4runner....

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Time to start cruising YotaTech and see what my options are. I think the 1st thing I'll do after the body swap is switch to a 4 cyl case with 4.7:1 gears. That's my best option for gearing, then I can do dual cases later if required.
Back to Steve's build, for any other comments on mine, please put them in my body swap thread, let Steve continue with his regularily scheduled programming. :)

S

Steve B

New IROK's

Just picked them up woo hoo 36x13.5x15 woo hoo,,,pic's to follow once their installed,,,,,,any one have some rims cheap??

D

Dirk

TOP SECRET.....spy video of the 4Runner leaving the shop for the first time....

:smokin:

S

Steve B

LOL ,Dwayne thinks he's Bobafet of the tractor world.Run for your lives,,,,arghhhhhhh

S

Steve B

Project on hold :(

Just to let everyone know, i'll not be finishing my truck this year,,,some thing's have happened and unfortunatley the 4runner loses out for now, but hopping to finish it when I can,, not sure if i'll be at Spring fever either :( . Hope you all enjoy your wheeling this year and i'll try to make it out for a few runs as a passenger. :)

Steve :beer::beer:

Last edited:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Dude, that sucks. Hang in there though, I'm sure it'll get done with time.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Sounds all too familiar...at least you didn't have to sell your project. Just keep your chin up and before you know it, you'll be back on the 4Runner.