Wheel's A Churnin

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Stock military should not allow shorted our batteries on over turn no? You wheel that thing hard enough that you should have that anyway. Universal battery tie down from CTC. Just need to drill holes and I am sure there must be some in that battery compartment.

Even just a ratchet strap.. Same requirements for Spring Fever. Did no one check it? ;)

bradleyfitz

Club Member
I will be going up Saturday morning, home Sat evening, back up Sunday morning. You want us there for 8:00?

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Driver's meeting is at 10, we will be walking the course with everybody so you will see where the flags are then. 9 is probably good, just so you know you can leave your truck there overnight in case you were thinking of hauling it back. I would take you key though :lmao:

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Driver's meeting is at 10, we will be walking the course with everybody so you will see where the flags are then. 9 is probably good, just so you know you can leave your truck there overnight in case you were thinking of hauling it back. I would take you key though :lmao:

Ok, I will be there for 9 then. I was planning to leave it there... Key? :p

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Re: safety rules.

Can I get clarification on "ignition kill switch"?
Also, Adrian's earlier comment about ratchet straps for a battery tie down contradicts the written rules. If it is acceptable, you should alter the wording.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
A ratchet strap will be acceptable so long as the battery can not move around, for instance a normal slip strap can not get tight enough to stop a battery from moving and bungie and rubber straps are just obviously not going to cut it in a rollover.
Can you shut off your truck while in your seat? That is a ignition kill switch. Basically we don't want people to not being able to shut off their truck while belted in. It is assumed that fuel pump shuts off or the switch is in reach as well.

berger

Okay, I figured out how SDP clamped down the batteries on a Pinz, and I am going to follow that (threaded j-rods from CTC), but I have another concern. The Pinz batteries are not under the hood so to speak, they are in a compartment on the side of my truck....the opposite side of the fuel tank. While they will be clamped down, they sit on a try that slides out when the box is opened. When clamped, they cannot roll around due to the size of the compartment, but they tray moves. This isn't my truck, but an example.

optima_m3.jpg

While I have the ignition shutoff, I also have a battery disconnect in the cab too. I just want to make sure I am all clear before paying an entrance fee.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
So long as the tray is not going to fly open in a off wheels experience. It is military so it should be made to handle this :beer:

berger

I will pad lock the door to be absolutely certain nothing comes out.

Sent from my Mobile

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Hmmm I would prefer like a dog lead clasp, just if we have to get in there in a hurry and this is all better for you when trail riding anyway :beer:

berger

How is this guys? I am going to get the originals later, but hopefully this will do.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370033735.007136.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370033747.491334.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370033758.921502.jpg

I also used a clasp for the door.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370033770.036837.jpg

Sent from my Mobile

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
I think they'll accept that, but it would be better if you had a piece of wood that went all the way across the left battery, without the extra red plastic?, and that you screw the strap to the wood (but not the battery ;) ) just to be sure that piece of wood stays there. Another option might be to raise that left battery with plywood.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Could someone leaving in the morning do me a favor and tell Dwayne I have the trophies and plaques and I'll bring them in the afternoon.

berger

I think they'll accept that, but it would be better if you had a piece of wood that went all the way across the left battery, without the extra red plastic?, and that you screw the strap to the wood (but not the battery ;) ) just to be sure that piece of wood stays there. Another option might be to raise that left battery with plywood.

I am planning on returning it to stock. Now that know the pay structure for the event, if they don't accept it, I will save $20....and keep myself to simple trail runs.

Sent from my Mobile

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
I just wanted to say thanks to all the organizers and volunteers; the course was challenging and fun, I had a blast :beer::beer:

I haven't pushed my Jeep that hard in a long time, but I didn't break anything, at least not on the course. On the way through Merrickville my ps belt broke, which also turns the cooling pump. Good thing I had a spare, and good that I didn't leave it for Mitko which I almost did as he broke his at camp. I just happened to be at a chip truck so the rest of the family had supper while I wrenched ;)

I can't wait for the July weekend now.