Yello

O.D.

Club Member
I attempted to not do a BL, but it would not clear. I then tried it with a BL and i still did not have the clearance. In a moment of a few too many pints, we cut the floor open. I then had clearance.

However, after looking at it a bit more, i was able to notch and shave the skid plate a bit and as a result was able to clock the ATLAS a bit more and with that and the BL, i have clearance. Hence the floor was patched back up.

Skid is a HEMI specific one from Teraflex. Truth be told though, it could have been any skid as i wasn't able to use any of the skid specific features because of the mix-mash of parts i am using.

New??

Finished the supports for the tranny and ATLAS. Pretty tight for clearance but it fits.

Been slow. Not allot of free time. Need to get a new SS fuel line as i snapped mine trying to unbend it to run on top of the frame rail and it does not look like it's a part i can order anymore from the stealerships so i had to order stateside but that's 10 days out..

Oh, and i had some parts powdercoated...

O.D.

Club Member
So shit's coming along..

Got most of my EVAP stuff figured out. With the HEMI it needs to be a 2005 spec TJ setup for it to work. I have a 2004... Wouldn't you know it, fair amount of differences. Add to that a stretch tank and well.... While some of the parts were already sourced when i acquired the HEMI TJ project, some were not. In the end, i got it all setup, less the Filter. That i still have to fit into the back of the rear PS fender. From what i have read, i can remove the charcoal canister without throwing any codes. This will make it small enough i hope to fit into the stretched corner with a bit of trimming.

Maxed out the droop on the rear and was able to re-use a flex line i already had. Just needed to make a few new brackets and bend a new brake line to the front.

Then started setting up all the wiring. So far so good for the most part. I have one connector that won't work on the Alternator and another sensor that i ended up breaking while lifting the engine onto the mounts. I'll get those figured out.

Then started in on the ATLAS cables... What a fakkin useless instructions guide they provide.. Absolutely brutal and could not find much on the net either. To add to that, either I lost or they did not include a set of bolts that were required so i had to source those as well...

Then did some last minute touch ups and primer on the cuts i had made to the tub and the loaded it onto the frame for what i am hoping will be the last time!

Then i started bolting on all the body armour:

I spliced in the rear ORO tail lights and attempted to reconnect the fuel filler to the tank. Because i moved it from the side to the rear, the spout and lines just don't line up. I have attempted to source a fuel line with a 90 in it (Ironically enough i got it out of a scrap pile at Dominion Radiator) but am not sure if it's going to work. The bend is pretty tight... I am hoping that at some point i am going to find another solution to this before it's ready to roll. Also setup the shifter box inside the tub and then loosely connected the Hydro assist to look for clearance.

On the immediate shit list right now:

- Run the rear hard lines for the calipers (For some reason i have two different size banjo bolts for the same calipers.. Gotta figure that out first....)
- Reconfigure the EVAP and get it installed in the rear PS quarter panel.
- Reconnect all the rest of the brake lines and tie into the master.
- Setup the steering shaft. When test fitting, it was extremely close to the manifold. cut the bracket off the frame so that i can reposition it and am hopeful that this will work and resolve the clearance
- Setup Hydro assist. I still need to be a HEMI specific reservoir before i can complete this.
- Cut in some front blinkers into the grill and then install it all.
- Setup radiator
- Setup tranny cooler
- Setup the PC and the rest of the wiring
- Setup the Auto tranny shifter
- Swap out the pedals from a standard to an auto
- Swap out the cable actuated to electronic gas pedal
- Install the rear tailgate
- Cut off the current Bpillar cage plates and use different ones that will accomodate cage tie in's.
- Install the A and B pillar cage tie-ins
- Replace the engine oil pan
- Cut up the hood to accomodate the louvers, hood hinges/pins and then install it.

And then all the rest of the little things that i know I still have to do....

It's going to be a long summer.......
- Find a new fuel line and get that bent up and installed along the top of the frame rail.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Even with the list it is definitely coming along. One of the cons for me looking at doing a doubler is that with where I just did the brake line, gas line and evap line, they are all in the stock location so they are running in along the inside. This means I would have to move them to do a crossmember for the TC output to be attached to. Thinking I may just do the Dana 300 and then work up to a doubler (but enough about me) when you think you are going to have it done? Also for the cage are you attaching to the frame?

O.D.

Club Member
Even with the list it is definitely coming along. One of the cons for me looking at doing a doubler is that with where I just did the brake line, gas line and evap line, they are all in the stock location so they are running in along the inside. This means I would have to move them to do a crossmember for the TC output to be attached to. Thinking I may just do the Dana 300 and then work up to a doubler (but enough about me) when you think you are going to have it done? Also for the cage are you attaching to the frame?

Moving the lines isn't actually that bad. There's enough slack that you should be able to re-use. The big part is just getting the bends out and rebending. Brake lines were easy, it was the evap and fuel lines that are/were a bitch. I ended up snapping my fuel line and am still looking for a replacement. Re-use the line clips, drill a few small holes in the topside of the frame and click them in.

As for being done... Who knows. I was really aiming for July 1st, but there's just no way. I'll be lucky if by begining of August...

Cage will be attached to the frame at the A and B pillars, but probably not until the fall. I did trim the support channel along the bottom of the tub to accomodate it but for now, i'll just bolt the cage back in and deal with the tie-in after the season is done.

O.D.

Club Member

Here's some pics of where i am:

I ran into a nasty snag last night. I simply do not have the clearance to run my RAD and fan on the front.... Which is a bit fakked because from what i understand, the lad i bought the HEMI parts off of bought the RAD from the same group who did the re-wire and it's supposed to be specd to fit a HEMI TJ..... So i am a bit at a loss.. It is also extremely close to the steering box. I think i can shift the rad upwards a bit with new mount holes but not allot.

FWIW, RAD is 3" deep and with the fan added to the front, it's another 4 inches. I am now on the hunt for a thinner rad and / or fan. Anybody have sources for this? It was my understanding however that the thinner the rad, the less effective at cooling

O.D.

Club Member
Oh My Brad....

Are you around this evening? If so, let me know and i can stop on the way home. It would be between 6:30-7:30.

O.D.

Club Member
Wow.... Well, this is due for an update :)

Sunday was the first time out of the shop since about April.... Still allot to do however i am getting there..

Short shit list includes:

- Front Brakes
- EVAP at the engine (Purge Solenoid... Anyone who has a 2004 and or a 2005 TJ, please PM as i need a pic of your setup :)
- Electric Fan wired
- Tranny cooler lines (Have been having a fakk of a time finding the right fittings)
- Antirock on the front (There are clearance issues on the DS. I may have to order JK arms...)
- Figure out a place to mount the horn
- I think i am going to have to raise my Rad about an inch (Or as much as i can before i hit the hood)... There looks to be clearance issues on full bump with the steering arm.
- A/C lines and collector if i decide to go ahead and install it.
- All the signals and tails.. (They are really fakked up and i cannot figure out why?)
- Driveshafts measured and ordered
- Exhaust
- Fill everything with fluids and then fix all the inevitable leaks
- Wire up the winch
- Learn how to adjust ORI's and dial in my ride height
- My atlas simply will not change gears at the moment. Not too sure why this is as it has yet to even be used. I am hoping that it's locked with the tranny and once the vehicle is running, it will be fine?
- I have no e-brakes at the moment (Not going to worry too much about this for the time being.

So, at this height i have just under 23" to the underside of the frame on 40's. I was at if i recall a bit over 25" on 35's prior to my tear in :) I'll probably raise it another few inches to maximize up travel... We'll see.. It looks soo purdy though low like this....