Expedition Weekend, July 15-17

Minion

From the look of the pictures last year it looked pretty stock friendly and if this year will be pretty similar I am definitely interested.

bzzr2

Not sure I'm going tp pre-scout this time. Might just wing it and make that become part of the trip itself. We may get turned around a few times, just like on the scouting trip last year. I guess it depends on what my Spring/early Summer schedule looks like.

sounds good. i will be passing through ottawa area late april/early may and will keep you posted to see if there is some exploration or just an outing on the go. after racking up 50,000 kms on the jk this past yr my tires are done, planning to pick up new rubber on the way through and they will need some dirty rocks asap!

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
50K, geezus man! Ours was bad at 70K in 2 years, I guess you topped that.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

M

MadMax

I'd love to make this expedition but I think I'm working yet again!

teo

I am new here. Are there jeep cherokee trailhawk owners here? Or is it mainly wrangler? Is the event family friendly? Based on previous years, is this trail good for any 4x4 vehicle? I do alot of camping, this may be one of them this summer. Thanks.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I am new here. Are there jeep cherokee trailhawk owners here? Or is it mainly wrangler? Is the event family friendly? Based on previous years, is this trail good for any 4x4 vehicle? I do alot of camping, this may be one of them this summer. Thanks.
This is an expedition, so we don't really know what we will find. If something appears to be non-passable for the whole group, then we would turn around and find a route around said obstacle. This is only the 2nd annual, last year we ended up crossing some water that was a little sketchy for the size of some of the trucks with us, but we all managed OK in the end.
So, that being said, a stock truck should/would be fine, but expect underside scrapes, bumps & bangs. A mild lift would surely help get the belly up out of the way of trail rocks.

M

MadMax

Anyway of pushing it to the weekend after[emoji12] it's not like the trip is around the corner.....I missed the one last year and would really like to do the expedition this year if it's not possible all good I'll wait for next year and hope the stars align:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
6 weeks out, what's the head count?

Found a new camping spot, but it's limited in size. From the site we'll do some mild wheeling (will be a little more knarly for the stockers in the group) back out to the powerline access road, then roughly the same route as last year over to Hwy 41. Once at 41 we will head North of Griffith to a trail found by the EOTB. WE'll run that and then see where the roads take us. Palmer Rapids? Barrys Bay? Who knows.

Speak up if you are in.

brylade

I'm 50/50 with my Ram. Trying to work out a work schedule to make sure I'm off. Had a blast last year.