Expedition Weekend, July 15-17

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
I usually bring my socket set, wrenches etc in a decently sized dewalt tool box and recovery gear in a decent sized soft tool box. When camping it gets packed, SF is good because I can dump everything at the camping spot minus the tool boxes. I was just figuring recovery gear should be for every vehicle but 5 sets of sockets seems redundant and wasted space. My big stumbling block is my camping chair which isn't that small.

What are you winning about, you'll be saving lots of space sleeping in a hammock :flipoff:

I'll have my trails tools too: socket set, pry bar, hammer, and duck tape, oh and can't leave home without tire plugs! I'll have a double propane stove that can be shared, and a small table.

Do agree on chainsaw but that brings up another good point about campfires and burn bans. Anyone know if there is one or if close? The rain lately should have helped

That reminds me to bring a couple 5 gal. pails to douse the fire.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Lol, surprisingly the hammock and tarp are not much smaller than my tent since my tent is 2 man. It is smaller but not a lot. I may skip the hard tool box but bring my ratcheting wrenches.

What are you winning about, you'll be saving lots of space sleeping in a hammock :flipoff:

I'll have my trails tools too: socket set, pry bar, hammer, and duck tape, oh and can't leave home without tire plugs! I'll have a double propane stove that can be shared, and a small table.

That reminds me to bring a couple 5 gal. pails to douse the fire.

Minion

I had already budgeted space to bring my chainsaw and since I have a lot less gear than the more experienced people I would be more than willing to trade bringing a chainsaw for access to tools.

I have a decent set of camping gear, stove, pots, etc. Chris, I probably have room for your chair if you can't squeeze it in.

Also, there is almost certainly a burn ban in effect right now and I would be surprised if it is not in effect without several large storms between now and then. I would count on not having a fire, but I will still have a couple extra buckets.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
That would be awesome. It is mostly that I have a passenger so although he said he is going light I have no idea what will fit yet. I will take you up on the option for chair storage

R

ROUGHcrawl

There is a large storm coming through the area this weekend. So you might get lucky with the fire. I'll check the status on Sunday when I'm up there.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Also I am still tentative for it what with everything going on at home. Hoping for Friday and Saturday but may end up showing up early Saturday morning (if at all).
Put it this way if I haven't shown up by 10AM (assuming that is the start time on Saturday) don't wait for me. If I know one way or another I will post here.
I will have Internet access at the campsite (believe it or not, the booster worked all weekend at the camp as well!) so you know how to get a hold of me to update us on your status.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Sounds good. I did find the booster worked well at SF except in the depths of some valleys and Salmonds
I will have Internet access at the campsite (believe it or not, the booster worked all weekend at the camp as well!) so you know how to get a hold of me to update us on your status.

Minion

It's been a while since I did an OVO run so I'm just wondering what I should be counting on for a lunch break? I'm easy with anything, including eating while we drive, but I am trying to plan a menu to keep the Missus happy and I'm wondering if I should plan on something quick like sandwiches or if I will have time to cook even something quick?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
It's been a while since I did an OVO run so I'm just wondering what I should be counting on for a lunch break? I'm easy with anything, including eating while we drive, but I am trying to plan a menu to keep the Missus happy and I'm wondering if I should plan on something quick like sandwiches or if I will have time to cook even something quick?
I don't plan to be in a rush, as long as you're not firing a charcoal Q or anything. LoL

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
OK, 3 days away, can I get a head count please? Who is still in?

I hope to be in the Calabogie area around 6pm at the latest, shooting for earlier but 6 is my late plan. If you need to get a hold of me for any reason, text/call 613-799-4376, or email terry@brummell.net. All 3 points of contact should get to me.

Minion

If I was any more in my girlfriend would accuse me of cheating. Good to go. Oh, and she's coming too.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
My front hubs are all apart on my workbench right now (water damage, must have been the water crossing last year:banghead:), but I'm taking some time off and still plan to be at the campsite mid afternoon, hopefully I camp at the right place!