Expedition Weekend, July 15-17

Minion

I'm going to have to see what time the GF can get off work and how early I can actually leave. Y'all getting up there early is making me want to get my drunk on too.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Got the three GPX files imported. The Griffith loop is separate from the other two which looking at the original post makes sense (since we don't really have a definitive route yet).

R

ROUGHcrawl

I'll be running a lot of trails in that area in the weeks prior to your run. I will be sure to track and share what I find. If Kaylana didn't work that weekend, we'd be joining you all.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I plan to send the file closer to the date. Just in case plans change, I want no confusion what our meet up point will be.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
He is a minimalist hiker so this is a bit different from what he does. Nice thing is it means I have more room for my crap. Looking to borrow Andrew's hammock and give it a shot.

bzzr2

Booze and bacon. I fail to see how this can get any better without breaking laws.

just add strippers, hookers and coca....... oh wait, laws..... kidding!!!!

anyway, i was really hoping to make it this yr but was just informed of a family event on the 17th that cannot be missed. have a great time everybody!!

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
So we are less than two weeks away, did we want to discuss who is bringing what? What I mean is I don't think we need everyone to bring a full tool kit, if we had two full sets and if you have something that is specialized for your rig bring that? Also stuff like stoves etc. I figure two of something to make sure we have at least a complete kit and possibly a spare.

Oh also Terry have you figured out the general route yet?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Nothing set in stone. Saturday gas stop will be in Griffith....that's about all I gots right now. LoL

To all:
Starting at camp site mentioned in earlier part of thread. Speak up if you need the .gpx file to get to the Friday night/Saturday morning start point. PM with your email address I can send it to.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Also I am still tentative for it what with everything going on at home. Hoping for Friday and Saturday but may end up showing up early Saturday morning (if at all).
Put it this way if I haven't shown up by 10AM (assuming that is the start time on Saturday) don't wait for me. If I know one way or another I will post here.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
So we are less than two weeks away, did we want to discuss who is bringing what? What I mean is I don't think we need everyone to bring a full tool kit, if we had two full sets and if you have something that is specialized for your rig bring that? Also stuff like stoves etc. I figure two of something to make sure we have at least a complete kit and possibly a spare.

Last year everyone was self sufficient. If there's a particular camping gear you don't have, or don't have room, and want to borrow or share then just ask.
We didn't worry about bringing lots of tools either, the trails we do are mostly mild so the basics are probably enough. Worst case you just get towed out.
A chainsaw in the group would be good though, in case of trees across the trail and for firewood. If I have room I'll bring mine.
Do bring lots of drinking water, this is like SF with no access to potable water, at least until we go through Griffith.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Last year everyone was self sufficient. If there's a particular camping gear you don't have, or don't have room, and want to borrow or share then just ask.
We didn't worry about bringing lots of tools either, the trails we do are mostly mild so the basics are probably enough. Worst case you just get towed out.
A chainsaw in the group would be good though, in case of trees across the trail and for firewood. If I have room I'll bring mine.
Do bring lots of drinking water, this is like SF with no access to potable water, at least until we go through Griffith.

I usually bring my socket set, wrenches etc in a decently sized dewalt tool box and recovery gear in a decent sized soft tool box. When camping it gets packed, SF is good because I can dump everything at the camping spot minus the tool boxes. I was just figuring recovery gear should be for every vehicle but 5 sets of sockets seems redundant and wasted space. My big stumbling block is my camping chair which isn't that small.

Do agree on chainsaw but that brings up another good point about campfires and burn bans. Anyone know if there is one or if close? The rain lately should have helped