Family SxS 4wd Buggy

daaboots

Looks great. I'd like to try my hand at header building some day. How will the exhaust be hung to account for engine twist? Seems like a lot of leverage right now.

The engine is solid mounted so it won't be moving around. The exhaust and muffler will be hung using automotive style rubber bushings to allow for some flex.

daaboots

Alright, I sorted out my upper a-arm clearance issues by moving the cross brace out further. I re coated the arms and installed them.

I packed all the CV's and finished assembling all the axles. All the a-arms are now installed along with the hubs.

The front end is a roller! I threw the front bumper on quick just to see what it looks like. Killer eh!

Loco

I'd wheel it
Looking awesome dude. Getting really close now. I bet you're just aching to take it out for a rip. Keep up the good work.

Function > Form

Club Member
badass!!! That is going to be fun. Wow nice work, great that your girls are interested and staying involved with their dad. Good job, dad!

daaboots

Thanks!

Next video is up. I fix the clearance issue with the front a-arm and finish installing the rear a-arms.

daaboots

Some finishing touches on the exhaust system. The header has been sent out for ceramic coating and I'm waiting on my high-temp powder coat for the muffler and tail pipe. Also finished connecting the engine output shaft extender and bearing.

junkpile

You should be very proud of this project! Nice design/build for sure.
Is that one of those sought after 100mph pillow blocks?
[emoji482]

daaboots

You should be very proud of this project! Nice design/build for sure.
Is that one of those sought after 100mph pillow blocks?
[emoji482]

Thanks buddy!

The pillow block bearing is from GBS and is much higher quality than Princess Auto stuff. Sorry, I don't get the 100mph joke - something I missed?

junkpile

Of course! I knew it had to be something high end if you're using it on this build. My joke points to how the majority of pillow blocks are used on a low (say 1750RPM less than 20hp) Jack shaft duty jobs.