One Ton Suzuki LJ

Jimbog

Club Member
Well I took the buggy into town today to get it weighed, with me in the drivers seat it tips the scales at 1800KG even, with me of the scale 1650KG even Yeah I know I am a big boy!! The front axle weighed in at 900KG's and the rear at 750KG's With me in the truck front was 910Kgs the rear was 890kgs so most of my weight is sent to the rear of the truck It is pretty well balanced with me in the drivers seat.
Not to shabby!

Jimbog

Club Member
Well the buggy worked great at Spring Fever, better than my expectations, very stable on side slopes, and steep inclines. Just a couple issues to work out, need to rebuild my rear shocks, and add a bit more oil. They were bottoming out all the time. Had a brake line fitting hitting on the front upper link bar, easy fix, bought a 90 degree fitting to clear it, going to have to bleed the brakes again!! Going to re-connect my line lock again at the same time. Front pass tire bead lock is leaking at my welds, just slow leak( but a pain in the ass just the same) have to take the tire off the rim and grind down the weld and re weld it. I wish there was a way to check it before re-assembling the tire and rim. No problem running the 39.5 tires with the gearing I have in low range, high range is a bit sluggish though. So I will stay off the highways. Wheel travel was great! don't think I ever had a tire leave the ground, if I did it was the 2 front tires at the same time! Did Craig Lake all the way through, it is a tight trail for a truck axle 92" wide, but doable when you don't have to worry about body damage.

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I've heard you could use a penatrating fluid or a solvent to test your welds. Don't know how well it works. But if its a pin hole in the weld you would think in theory it would work.