Build Project Liberty - Trail/Overland Jeep Build

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Its more that it needs to poke above the roofline the more the better but the taller it gets the bigger the target for overhead impacts and they dont work well when broken

Yeah, they are cheap. I have no idea how long OEM last - bought it at 170k with a bad one already. I'll ask around the lib sites.

For the cb, thanks for the tips - I didn't know about furthest from batt. I do have a pretty decent swivel bracket and an HD spring so I might just pull the light and install underneath it with some 'massaging' of the light housing.

You mean the tip should only sit a tad above? So, most of its length alongside the RR part of the body could be fine (SWR depending of course)? Mebbe I shoulda got the 3 ft.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Its more that it needs to poke above the roofline the more the better but the taller it gets the bigger the target for overhead impacts and they dont work at all when broken

There, fixed it for you. :manhug:

Function > Form

Club Member
1042k2a.jpg

Replaced an axle and intermediate shaft yesterday - due to clicking. Forgot how much has to come apart - ALL lol.

While putting it all back together, snapped a crusty sway bar link bolt. The bushings were shyte anyhow - was expecting it. Had a new link on hand, so rummaged for a bolts and found a replacement 8.8 that works. Wondering if it will be ok strengthwise in the long term or if I should replace it with an 8 or more??

Maybe it's my imagination but it seems to steer more predictably now.

Realized the lower bushings for the clevis are going to be dust soon - gotta get the whole LCA replaced at some point in the next while - would get a new lbj, plus mounting bushings since they are looking tired too.

Function > Form

Club Member
I was sent the wrong sway bar link (for an 08+) dammit. Popped the bushing out within about 3 days. Still useable, just wrong length...I'll be getting one soon from Logan. It's much smoother on road aside from the occasional clank lol.

Will be building a winch bumper next weekend with my best bud for our 40th bdays. Plans are fairly simple, tossing about the idea of using a big piece of channel, then attach wings and other bits. Also plan to attach a front skid between there and the engine skid also. Haven't decided on how we will get to the final product.

Something like this, but without the integrated hawse.
liberty_front_bumper.jpg

And like this without the hoop.
15432640_large.jpg

Function > Form

Club Member
Thanks to [MENTION=526]Logan[/MENTION] I got all fixed up with a new sway link.

Also thanks to logan...haha... got this bad boy!!!!!! You convinced me buddy. Thanks? Well, truth be told, my wife bought it for me. Maybe so I would stop talking about getting one. ;)
hwdgfb.jpg

Should look great on the new bumper. Going with 1/4" mounting plates attached to the fram tie-ins, then 3/16 for the face plates, 1/8+ for the rear gussets. Thinking about this being a DD, do most people box in the rear side, or use sheet? I don't really want to add the weight if I don't need to but I also don't want 15lbs of mud and slush in there.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Get the cover for it from Logan as well, else the lettering will turn a nice shade of pink from the sun. :)

Thanks to @Logan I got all fixed up with a new sway link.

Also thanks to logan...haha... got this bad boy!!!!!! You convinced me buddy. Thanks? Well, truth be told, my wife bought it for me. Maybe so I would stop talking about getting one. ;)
View attachment 3085

Should look great on the new bumper. Going with 1/4" mounting plates attached to the fram tie-ins, then 3/16 for the face plates, 1/8+ for the rear gussets. Thinking about this being a DD, do most people box in the rear side, or use sheet? I don't really want to add the weight if I don't need to but I also don't want 15lbs of mud and slush in there.

Function > Form

Club Member
Recently received R60 - occupant restraint control module - basically airbag.

They don't have the parts yet.

Was there another? I still haven't done the hitch recall.

Minion

Thanks to [MENTION=526]Logan[/MENTION] I got all fixed up with a new sway link.

View attachment 3085

Nice winch. I'll be looking to pick one up this summer. What is the LBS rating on it?

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Glad your happy! And glad I could help. Ill order the cover this weekend when im at the big trade show. Ill try get them to give me one :D

Function > Form

Club Member
got about 2/3 of the way there...this was on SOLAR POWER for the mig, plasma, all rechargeable tools, angle grinder...impressive setup at my buddy's place.

Function > Form

Club Member
Thanks man - definitely went well. It's all about measuring and re-measuring...and a couple burns on the way ;)

Definitely want a new welder now...the multi-function Lincoln is sooooooooo nice.