PROJECT - My First Jeep

Baja

Last winter I decided I wanted to get into Offroading. I wanted something capable on the trails and I could still use for runs to the cottage. I decided that I wanted a XJ because of the cargo room.

I bought a 88 for 400 dollars, got it home start giving it a closer look and found that the floors were completely gone and the subframe in one area was starting to go.

So I bought another one, a 93. It is now on the road and ready for modification...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Baja

Today I took the rear diff and lift out of the parts jeep. Tomorrows plan is the front, and maybe the rear of my 93.

Last edited:
D

Dirk

2 weekends 'till Spring Fever....get crackin'.

4.10, locked with 33's should be quite capable. :)

Baja

Rear is swapped, just have to run some brake lines. The front of the donor is ready to come out.

sorry no pics

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Sounds like it's coming along Scott. Get it done for the 8th and we'll go have a shake down run at the Gorge (Burnstown).

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
OK, then 10th and we'll go to Darling Rd. :) Then you get an extra day to get ready. LoL

Baja

That sounds more do able, I should have it done by then. I really want to give it a shakedown run before spring fever.

Baja

Front is in place, just have to pick up some bolts on the way home from work and it will be done. Then it is new brake lines all around and a Tcase drop. I know oooh tcase drop but i have no choice right now, a sye is not in the budget. I have pics but I cant get them off my camera at work, I will post them when i do.

Baja

Finally got the pics off my camera

Here is a pic with the rear already done and the front of my axle out of my jeep. The jeep in the background is the donor, it has been stripped of everything I need right now

D

Dirk

If you'd stop sleeping under it, you'd be done by now. :flipoff:

Baja

Jeep is together. Will post pics tomorrow. Had it our for a shakedown this morning and was very happy. Have a few minor things before I'm ready next weekend.

D

Dirk

Its looking good and performed quite well. :)

get those tow points done....don't want to pull off your lower control arms next time. :clue: