PROJECT - Truktor

D

Dirk

Good info for sure.
Price including shipping is close to the TG brand, including border handling and add $39 for the safety thimble is on par with the Viking line.
The superior heat resistance is certainly worth considering for anyone with an internal drumbrake winch, nearly all electrics.
Since I do not have that problem with mine, UV and abrasion resistance of the Dyneema win out, for this application.
I just wish I could get it 125' or 150' from Viking.
The free shipping from TG is certainly a factor also.

DannyL

Good info for sure.
Price including shipping is close to the TG brand, including border handling and add $39 for the safety thimble is on par with the Viking line.
The superior heat resistance is certainly worth considering for anyone with an internal drumbrake winch, nearly all electrics.
Since I do not have that problem with mine, UV and abrasion resistance of the Dyneema win out, for this application.
I just wish I could get it 125' or 150' from Viking.
The free shipping from TG is certainly a factor also.

I have a couple of TG winch lines over stock I could discount for OVO members.

Personally I like a shorter cable with an extension. We used to have our own cables made with 70 foot primary and a 25-35 foot extension. Reason being that I found the poly would bunch up quicker than a steely and make a big "bundle" and push against the winch cross bars on side pulls. The secondary benefit is less cable on the spool equals more pulling power. That being said, it's more labour to do it that way so the cost goes up accordingly...