The Japanese Poutine

trixter192

Club Member
My FJ Cruiser is a great vehicle for what it is, but has reached it's limits. I wanted something with more capability, less expensive to break, and light weight. The idea (for now) is to keep the truck and trailer under 5000 pounds so that the FJ can tow it.

I've been touting a Samurai for a while, and thanks to a forum browser, I scored an 87(ish) LWB Samurai, an 85(ish) parts car, a spare 1.3, and most of a 1.6. I'd like to get working fuel injected 1.6 or 2.0 under the hood, get beefier...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Loco

I'd wheel it
Looking forward to seeing where this one goes. If you go with the tons are you going to keep it leaf sprung?

Garrett

I have 1.6 8 valve stuff that can help you get that engine complete and running ( got an 8 valve with a rod knocking so we can rob some parts)

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Looking good!!! Hope to see this at spring fever in the spring!

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
When it comes time to bend tube, just come on out with your tube and use the bender :beer:

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
I am excited - my name offer is accepted. wooho I drink heineken. I was thinking of coming around to see you but I forgot.

trixter192

Club Member
I have some samurai parts if you need anything!

Thanks,
I just happen to go through your build thread this morning, and cried when I saw perfectly good hinges on that body you scrapped. And doors! You could have made half doors with those!! Pm me what you got.

My idea of fenders for the project.
wmtrax-003.jpg

I found out today that there's a whole back side entirely made of bondo or fiberglass. Should I cut it out and replace with steel now or leave it?

MOX

Club Member
Thanks,
I just happen to go through your build thread this morning, and cried when I saw perfectly good hinges on that body you scrapped. And doors! You could have made half doors with those!! Pm me what you got.

Oh that samurai you're talking about was held together with undercoating, tAr and shaped with tin and rivets...seriously! Nothing good was wasted on that beast.
I have other doors with hinges if you need some. what are you doing with the short wheel base Sami, I could use some of it!

trixter192

Club Member
I'm still pulling things out of the swb. The body is and frame are junk, and I'm keeping the soft top to use as a blueprint for the custom soft top a family member will attempting.

My worse fears are correct, I have 2 spare 1.3s. So I have four 1.3's in total and all I want is a 1.6 or 2.0.

Last edited:

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
My worse fears are correct, I have 2 spare 1.3s. So I have four 1.3's in total and all I want is a 1.6 or 2.0.

If you don't find one by the spring, I say just run a fuel injected 1.3 for now. You'll have the plumbing and wiring done, and everything will swap over when you find a 1.6.

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Why bother staying with a Zook powerplant if you want to go Tons? Put a Toy driveline in or put a 4.3L driveline in.