The Japanese Poutine

Conestoga

Looks like you've got some work a head of ya. I'll be keeping an eye on the floor repairs, probably going to tackle mine this winter. Good luck!

trixter192

Club Member
Well, what I really want is wider axles, wider than toys. Wider stance would make it less likely to roll over, correct? I figure stock 1 ton axle won't need chromoly upgrading if there's a Suzuki pushing it.

Anyways
Picked up some princess auto fenders on sale for the rear inner wheel wells. I also started working on the bodywork around the window frames. I pulled out bondo, silicone, and plumbers putty from the corner, made up a patch, ready to weld and it started to rain. I wish I had a garage.

Last edited:

Buster

Club Member
Sami's dont roll.....
Mine rides like its glued down, never even lifts a tire.:rolleyes:

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
I have a complete Toyota 22RE with harness and computer, transmission and maybe t-case sitting in my garage. I am pretty sure it will go cheap.

Jimbog

Club Member
So you agree?

No I disagree , I am running tones, detroit in the front, full spool in the rear, 35 spline chromoly axles and longfield joints 5:13gears. with a 1.6 sidekick engine a sammy transmission and 6.5 transfer-case. I like the combo.

Jimbog

Club Member

It is a joke play on words, hence the lol because my truck "looks" (resembles) like that remark. The original saying is "I resent that remark" which has a negative connotation to it. So you change the "resent" to "resemble" as a joke.
I assume you have not heard of this before? But I do not want to make an ASS of U or ME. LOL (another play on words)

Baja

Well, what I really want is wider axles, wider than toys. Wider stance would make it less likely to roll over, correct? I figure stock 1 ton axle won't need chromoly upgrading if there's a Suzuki pushing it.

If you are staying light and keeping the smaller drivetrain than why not a full width 44 and 9 inch. Lighter and more clearance and good up to a 39" tire built right with the combo you are thinking of..

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
...built right...

In talking to Jean-Guy at the meeting, the answer is right there. Rather than build any other axles, just go to stock tons and forget about upgrades. If it's really what he wants, give'r hell. I still think Toys and Dirty30's/Longs's are cheaper/lighter, but certainly less unique.

Baja

In talking to Jean-Guy at the meeting, the answer is right there. Rather than build any other axles, just go to stock tons and forget about upgrades. If it's really what he wants, give'r hell. I still think Toys and Dirty30's/Longs's are cheaper/lighter, but certainly less unique.

I agree that toys may be lighter but I don't think much cheaper by the time you buy the longs, knuckles ect.
They are also really narrow. Don't get me wrong though, they are great axles for a Sami.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

junkpile

Jimbog did you have any issues hanging that much weight (tons) off of your samurai frame? Any need for extra plating?

Jimbog

Club Member
Jimbog did you have any issues hanging that much weight (tons) off of your samurai frame? Any need for extra plating?

I do not have a sammy frame, it is all 2"x 2" x 3/16 wall square tubing, with 1.98" d.o.m. 1/8 wall tube for the roll cage. and 14 gauge diamond plate for the body panels. Smaller than a sammy frame. And no issues with stress. Sammy frame should not have any issues.

trixter192

Club Member
Slow progress lately. Work is insane, so when I get home I have no energy to even set things up in the driveway.

So I gutted the garage of almost everything non automotive. Did some body work on the cowl, and now took off the windshield for further work. For the hinged windshield owners, do you also have to take out 12 bolts to fold it down??? What a pain.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
12 bolts? Holy crap, the TJ is 2 plus the ones for the roll bar which attaches to the windshield.

Glad to see you can get it in? I was lucky that I could squeeze everything I worked on last winter in my garage. If you ever need a hand let me know and I can try to get out. Wouldn't mind try wrenching on a zuk.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
The weeks I dont have my kids I can lend a hand as well. Any luck with those brake lines?

MOX

Club Member
jg what are you doing with the short wheel base? I could use some sheet metal to cut out for patches on mine...... ill give you cash, beer or parts in trade for some sheet metal! I cut the back off mine again to redo it like we talked about in the summer....do you have a tail gate I could use, condition is not important, just need the shape.