Vennacher(Calabogie)/Lingham Powerline Expedition July 17-19 2015

Which weekend do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brylade

Wish I could, Jeep is in pieces getting ready for paint. I'll be on the road by the 1st if you want to wait a week.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Mine wont be ready by then but if you have a seat I could SB (scout Bitc?)
I want at least 1 other truck with us, and Adrian originally called TB seat. But there is always the back seat with the dog. :)

BigDave

I'd be up for a run to see what it's like but im not sure, as a relative rookie and piloting the F150, if I'd be a liability. Let me know if you want another large vehicle to accompany you on the 25th.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Wish I could, Jeep is in pieces getting ready for paint. I'll be on the road by the 1st if you want to wait a week.
This is the only weekend I have. After this the weekends are booked up to Spring Fever, then I'm out of the country on business, then out again on vacation, then it's Gorge Trail that I'm leading, and at that point we're pretty damn close to it being time for this run. So for me, it's this weekend or never.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I'd be up for a run to see what it's like but im not sure, as a relative rookie and piloting the F150, if I'd be a liability. Let me know if you want another large vehicle to accompany you on the 25th.
Since it's pretty much 2 weeks away, all of the snow in the woods *should* be gone by then. I don't like the idea of dragging my limo ass through snow then having to turn around and drag yours through too, unless you have your own winch?

BigDave

I plan on having my winch with me so I should be able to haul myself around. I wouldn't expect to stick myself in the muck and hope a Sami will have enough heft to pull.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
The Sami has a 10K LBS winch on it, it would have no problem pulling you around assuming I could anchor off to something. :)

I'll be driving the JK though, hence the limo comment. It's long and low, and rides like a limo. If that belly so much as touches anything it stops dead and needs a damn tug. The 8K lbs on the JK is new and untested, so at this point I don't know if I'll even be able to pull my own ass outta anything!

rikker001

I'm in for the 25th, I went for a car ride in that area on the weekend looks like a lot of fun on the side roads.

bzzr2

Anyone available on April 25th to do a scouting run over on Hwy 41?

I might be able to do that. I was thinking of being near Trapper lk are that wknd already... Are you planning to scout the south side of 41? Will be the 1st time my new JK sees a trail, have a shiny new winch on it too.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
41 runs North/South from Kaladar to Eganville. The area I need to check is West of 41, in the Mazinaw Lake area.

So we have you, [MENTION=1065]rikker001[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2150]BigDave[/MENTION], more can come if they wish but that's enough to give me the fuzzy feeling that we should be OK.

Where should we meet? Munford's in Calabogie? Somewhere on 41?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Acording to Google Maps, it's an hour and half from Calabogie to where we need to be by Mazinaw Lake....

BigDave

I'm ok with meeting in Calabogie and driving to the spot. What is Munfords? I'll look it up and what time are you looking to head out by?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I'm ok with meeting in Calabogie and driving to the spot. What is Munfords? I'll look it up and what time are you looking to head out by?
Munford's is a gas station (if they have gas, don't count on it) and restaurant at the corner of 508 & 511.

How does 9:00 AM meet up sound to everyone?

Garrett

Munford's is a gas station (if they have gas, don't count on it) and restaurant at the corner of 508 & 511.

How does 9:00 AM meet up sound to everyone?
I belive its called the blue onion cafe or restaurant now i was up there two weeks ago. They no longer sell gas.

bzzr2

Right, I dunno why I always think of that area as south from 41.. anyway ok, I will be camped near Buckshot lake on up the hydro line so i could meet you at 41 & Buckshot Lk Rd., I am assuming you are going to head around Centennial lake onto 41 and through Denbigh towards Mazinaw Lk area? A friend of mine is planning on coming out with his JKU also, he's on 33's but otherwise stock.. If it turns into a real mess once we get going we may back out and get back to brooke trout fishing..