Vennacher(Calabogie)/Lingham Powerline Expedition July 17-19 2015

Which weekend do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Right, I dunno why I always think of that area as south from 41.. anyway ok, I will be camped near Buckshot lake on up the hydro line so i could meet you at 41 & Buckshot Lk Rd., I am assuming you are going to head around Centennial lake onto 41 and through Denbigh towards Mazinaw Lk area? A friend of mine is planning on coming out with his JKU also, he's on 33's but otherwise stock.. If it turns into a real mess once we get going we may back out and get back to brooke trout fishing..

Just to the North of here, 44.980667,-77.26165, there is a small road that heads West. We can meet you there, shooting for 10:30ish at that road.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Is Forest Rd the road you are referring to or is the the little road that shows on google maps that head direct to the hydro line?
Either of the two roads just to the North, Machesney Lake or the other one. We'll find you easy enough.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
Trying my hardest to get my driveshaft done by Saturday.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

bzzr2

ok, see you all there sat morning for 10:30! i'm in an anvil jk and my friend has an orange jku.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Roll call for Saturday, meeting [MENTION=2150]BigDave[/MENTION] at the corner of 511 & 508 for 9am, then meeting [MENTION=568]bzzr2[/MENTION] and friend on 41 for 10:30. [MENTION=1065]rikker001[/MENTION] is out due to an ECM issue, and [MENTION=557]BuBBaBO[/MENTION] out due to driveshaft. Sound about right?

bzzr2

Sounds good to me! I will be out in that area by dinner time tmrw, dont think we will have cell service in the area we plan to camp.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
So I overlayed the GPS track on to Google Earth, and we were on the right track to make it to Whitefish Lake, we were about 5K away from it. So it looks like this is the way we will be going in July. Thanks guys for coming out and exploring the area with me!

bzzr2

was a good afternoon, hope you guys had a good ride back up the line! we had no luck fishing afterwards.. i just finally got out of the bush today, it's been a long week. hope to make it for the wknd in july!

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
was a good afternoon, hope you guys had a good ride back up the line! we had no luck fishing afterwards.. i just finally got out of the bush today, it's been a long week. hope to make it for the wknd in july!
NIce! Wish I could just randomly stay in the bush for a week!

rikker001

Well had the Jeep out yeasterday and it worked just fine, looking forward to some more trail rides this year.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
This trip might be a good opportunity to try this:
[video=youtube;jc2mU_q6jH8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=18&v=jc2mU_q6jH8&hd=1[/video]

M

MadMax

How flexable are those dates I won't be around that weekend and I've been waiting for something like this since modding my XJ! Any chance on changing the dates to July 24-26 I know it's a bit late in the game I'm hoping the dates arnt nailed in stone yet.......and hey it'll give peeps a bit more prep time:)

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
That date is set in stone, sorry.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

M

MadMax

That sucks, ok I'll have to try freeing myself for that weekend then sounds like to much fun to miss out on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polo609

This is less then two weeks away! Can someone send me the coordinates of the camp site for Friday night? Im driving from toronto.