Which weekend do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
DLC1 & 2 are taken. Were at DLC5. To get here:
Follow Hunt Camp Lane, at 6KM sign turn left. Follow road to sharp left bend (with campsite on the lake), follow road another K or so, make first right, then turn right in to DLC5. Shout out on Chan 4 when at left bend at lake and i should hear you.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Richard and Brad, let me know you got the changes. I can be reached at 613-799-4376.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Trip Report:
So we ended up camping Friday night at the far end of Dodge Lake, not at DLC1 or 2 as they were both taken. Just as we arrived it started to rain but it cleared up later in the evening and it was an awesome night around the fire. In attendance, myself & Stacy, Scott & Ashlee, Richard, Mike & Traci and Brad and Marlene (she just came up for the night of camping).
Saturday morning we headed out at 9, went out past Salmond's camp, stopped in at Crotch Lake camp for a visit and out to 41. We ended up coming out at Griffith instead of Denbigh like planned. So we headed south and stopped in Denbigh for fuel and LCBO.....guess what, no fuel. Everyone felt they had enough fuel so we continued on down to Mattawatchen and entered back on to the hydro line. We travelled all the way across, never did see Whitefish lake, found the old air strip, had a drag race (LoL), then did some major deep water crossings. That was kind of crazy. I think Ashlee has video of them, maybe Scott can YouTube it and get us some links. We made it out to Hwy 62 at Westlemakoon Lake Rd, fueled up at a sketchy place called Trudy's and headed south down 62. We cut back east at Bannackburn and headed in to Lingham Lake. The water level at the river crossing was wayyyy down, but some of the water "puddles" on the trail were quite deep. Made it to the lake and found a camp site to fit us all. The bugs at Lingham SUCKED.
Day 1: 175KM's of driving, approx 60K or so of pavement, 6.5 hours of moving time

This morning we awoke (after a very late night for some), broke camp and headed out. We got back to the trail head/hydro line and headed east on the Cloyne powerline. Since OPG has redone the road, it tooks us about an hour to get from Lingham entrance to 41. That's normally a 6-8 hour drive. After air up and good-bye's, Scott & Ashlee headed north on 41, the 4 of us ended up heading east down 506. That was a nice drive home, had never been that way before. Ended up going through Plevna, Oompah, Lavant and coming out at Hopetown. Then normal route home from there.
Day 2: 167KM's, 30-40K of that was trail, mostly backroads.

I'll have the GPS tracks from my phone if anyone wants a copy. And I took absolutely 0 pictures.

Breakage: Brad had a shock mount let go, removed the shock and drove on. We lost our license plate in Lingham.....again! That place eats out license plates.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Some water crossing videos.

Mike in the 1st water crossing...

Brad in the deep water crossing...

Scott going through the deep water crossing...

Mike in the deep water...

Terry: Lingham river crossing...

Mike: Lingham river crossing...

Brad & Scott: Lingham river crossing...

Last edited:

brylade

Big thanks to all. Had a blast.
Would definitely do this again.
Next time, I'll get a tent that's bigger....

BigDave

I'm sad that I couldn't end up making it out. I really wanted to join in on the fun but my wife's rehab for her reconstructed ACL and her music has meant I didn't have the time. Looks like my Ford missed out on the fording of some fun water hazards. Next time

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Big thanks to all. Had a blast.
Would definitely do this again.
Next time, I'll get a tent that's bigger....

Or you could try a smaller mattress, just an idea ;)

It was a great time, thanks again Terry for organizing this. I have some pics and videos I'll post when I get a chance.

BuBBaBO

Club Member
Thanks Terry for organizing this trip. [MENTION=2592]Traci[/MENTION] and I had a great time. We got home at 2pm and got the Jeep cleaned by 5pm. Shop Vac got about 2L of swamp water out of the carpets.

Baja

Great Time, thanks Terry for setting this up and for everyone that came.
I too am glad I dont have carpets....