One Ton Suzuki LJ

MOX

Club Member
lookin good!
for pics just click on the "pic image" in the tool bar, then "browse" to grab photo off your computer and click upload....i only had trouble if the photo's were too big, when i resize them it uploads faster.

Jimbog

Club Member
axle upgrade 048.jpg

Made this to help install the heavy large axles, couple of car jacks welded to some 2x2 tube with wheels. C/W Brackets to hold the axle at the right pinion angle.

Looks like I figured out the picture posting thing!!! lol

Last edited:

Jimbog

Club Member
Speaking of pinion angles does anyone know what the angle of a chevy front dana 60 should be set at??

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Speaking of pinion angles does anyone know what the angle of a chevy front dana 60 should be set at??

Just put a angle gauge on the flat part where the stock leaf spring goes (cast part by the pumpkin) and set it to 0 deg.

R

Root Moose

Made this to help install the heavy large axles, couple of car jacks welded to some 2x2 tube with wheels. C/W Brackets to hold the axle at the right pinion angle.

Very cool little rig. I'd copy it but nowadays I can almost hold the stuff I deal with in one hand and torque it down with the other. LOL

Jimbog

Club Member
Just put a angle gauge on the flat part where the stock leaf spring goes (cast part by the pumpkin) and set it to 0 deg.

With the axle truss on, I do not have access to the spring perch anymore. But if it is 0 degrees. I will figure something else out to set it, top of the kingpin cap maybe?

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
With the axle truss on, I do not have access to the spring perch anymore. But if it is 0 degrees. I will figure something else out to set it, top of the kingpin cap maybe?

I don't think so, the top of the kingpin should be on a different plane than the leaf spring perch.

I think a standard rule of thumb is 4 deg + with oversize tires a bit more is good, so about 5-6 deg.

Mlorint

The knuckles should be rotated back 5-8deg for stability at high speeds. The type of drive shaft has a lot to do with the pinion angle. Double cardan at the case, pinion should be straight with the drive shaft. regular u-joints, the angle at pinion to drive shaft has to be the same as the angle at the t-case to drive shaft.

Impact

Sexy Christmas purchase!

Where did you pick up the BTF hydro mount?

Nice ring gear... no pinion :stir:

Jimbog

Club Member
Sexy Christmas purchase!

Where did you pick up the BTF hydro mount?

Nice ring gear... no pinion :stir:

Bought it right from Bluetorch Fab,
That is my shaved 14 bolt ring gear for my TMR shave kit that I am doing. It was machined down to 10.050" so it will fit after I shave almost 2" off the bottom of the 14 bolt.

Jimbog

Club Member
axle upgrade 055.jpgBusy weekend! Got new bead locks fully welded inside and out.axle upgrade 068.jpg
Got the 14 bolt shaved.axle upgrade 060.jpgaxle upgrade 050.jpgaxle upgrade 053.jpg

Last edited:

Jimbog

Club Member
Made up some new lower link bars 42" 2" DOM 1/4 wall 7/8 x 3/4" heim joints and spacers
also made up some lower link mounts.axle upgrade 066.jpgaxle upgrade 067..jpgaxle upgrade 064.jpgaxle upgrade 065.jpg

Jimbog

Club Member
A few more pics,axle upgrade 054.jpgaxle upgrade 056.jpgaxle upgrade 057.jpgaxle upgrade 062.jpg

Next weekend the long weekend the new axles will be mounted under the truck!
Should be ready for spring fling!

Jimbog

Club Member
Beadlocks are from Mike Lorint,
Mount plates are from TMR out of Toronto. Bought a lot of stuff from them.
lookin good jim!
how did you cut your bead locks and link mounts?

Last edited:

Jimbog

Club Member
IMG_0824.JPGPicked up some new tires 39.5 x 18 x 15 BoggersIMG_0827.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0828[1].JPG
    IMG_0828[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0827[1].JPG
    IMG_0827[1].JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0828.JPG
    IMG_0828.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Jimbog

Club Member
Got the new TMR springless steering arms on today and made up new ram steering links using heavier tubing. Also mounted one of the new tires on my beadlock rims and made sure they will not hit my lower link bars, going to work perfect, room for 44"s :eek:!