One Ton Suzuki LJ

MOX

Club Member
you have been hard at work, wish i made half that progress on my project!

Jimbog

Club Member
you have been hard at work, wish i made half that progress on my project!
Every weeknight after supper till 11:30 ish, leave for the real job every day at 6:00am and every weekend in the shop! I'll sleep when I'm dead! Or when the buggy is done,which ever comes first.

Jimbog

Club Member
Rear wheel bearings packed, I used grease just like the front instead of oil. I read somewhere that worked better to keep water out of the bearings. Rear rotors, calipers, pads and axle shafts installed. Removed rear diff cover so I can drill and tap for a drain plug, a vent bellow, and an oversize fill plug. Worked the steering ram back and fourth with the tires on to make sure no binding or clearence issues, all is good!

Jimbog

Club Member
jim 016.jpgjim 013.jpg

Got my front upper and lower shock mount on passenger side done last night.

Last edited:

Jimbog

Club Member
Got more work done last night, The truck is now attached to the new axles at all 4 corners! Added some round tube to the lower rear shock mounts and made some mounting tabs out off 1/4 flat stock. now it matches the front lower mounts. Making new driveshafts this weekend.jim 022.jpgjim 018.jpgjim 019.jpgjim 020.jpg

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Looking good Jim, You need to take a side shot of the whole rig so we can see the stance, must look like an RC crawler now :beer:

Jimbog

Club Member
Looking good Jim, You need to take a side shot of the whole rig so we can see the stance, must look like an RC crawler now :beer:

Hard to do that, the shop is not wide enough to step back and get it all in the picture. LOL
I will try tonight.

Jimbog

Club Member
Hard to do that, the shop is not wide enough to step back and get it all in the picture. LOL
I will try tonight.

I did put the tires on it last night, it is 91"s wide and 12.5 feet long, approach and departure angles are in the negatives. Going to measure the lowest point on the t-case and diffs tonight. Door sill is 34"s

Jimbog

Club Member
And ended up with 2 of these IMG_0875.JPG

Up graded my front Dana 60 pinion flange to a 1350 u-joint.
IMG_0867.JPGIMG_0868.JPG

My son standing beside a whole lot of tire! IMG_0874.JPG

Jimbog

Club Member
Rear diff is out now, on the rack, my son is fullly welding all the brackets that were just tacked on. Should be done tonight. Started painting small parts for reassembly. Got the power steering pump pully,bracket,pump and orbital mounted last night. Tonight I will fabricate a new steering shaft,mount the new reservoir and filter, run my lines, cooler is already mounted, using the old one from the power assist setup I used to have. Should have steering by tonight.

Last edited:

Jimbog

Club Member
More work done almost there! Hope to have a driving truck by Sunday Night! If all goes well?

IMG_0888.JPG Ready for paint! IMG_0890.JPGIMG_0891.JPG Upper link mount on rear.

IMG_0895.JPG All pretty!
IMG_0892.JPG

Last edited: