One Ton Suzuki LJ

Buster

Club Member
Looks good Jim!!
I would say you planned the front end width perfect for the tow rig.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
I looks great Jim, though it will take me some time to get used to seeing you in such a big and tall truck.

Jimbog

Club Member
Everything flexes as it should, no binding, no bottoming out, no tires rubbing!! I like it when things work out. Just one issue is the brakes can't seam to get a firm peddle, I might have some air trapped in my line lock that won't seam to get out!! Going to look at that tonight.
A couple flex shots,

Flex2.JPGFlex1.JPG

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
What master are you using? I had to go to a GM 1 Ton Master - the Toy master had eternal squishy pedal as well.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Only part # I could find was here:

http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/4runner/brakes/

The 1-1/4" master I used was from '76 Chevy HD 3/4-ton 4x4 w/ the bigger rear brakes. Autospecialty part # A-86008 from NAPA.

When I go home I can check for a part # on mine if you like.

Last edited:

Jimbog

Club Member
I have a sammy booster it only has 2 mounting pins not sure if this will work on my set up, your booster is a toyota right?

Jimbog

Club Member
Well after a very discouraging weekend trying to get the brakes to work on my buggy! I changed the out my 1985 caravan master to the firebird master and still have no brakes!!! My thought was I have air trapped in the linelock so I tried to bleed it at the line lock no air came out just fluid. So I made up a new line to bypass the linelock and try it that way, still no FFFFFing brakes!! I now have shares at Canadian Tire in their brake fluid line! I have bled the brakes at least 8 times now! Well late last night I tried something for the hell of it I disconected my push rod under the dash and pushed it manually, rock hard brakes! I had to lengthen my push rod by 1/2 an inch, Which was quite easy to do I removed the old one, it was threaded on and looks just like a 2 pronged fork, so I extended the fork, moving the hole 1/2 further, reinstalled it and now I have instant response on my peddle. You just have to be sure not to make it to long or you could end up having your brakes on all the time, or just slightly on. Which of course is not a good thing. I think, maybe I should have did this years ago when I did the Caravan upgrade, it worked better that the stock suzuki master but nowhere near as good as I have now!!
So just something to keep in mind guys when fiddling with custom brake set-ups, I wish I would have thought about it sooner, would have saved me a couple bottles of brake fluid!