Build Project Avalanche

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Glad to hear you figured out why the trans leaked. Hows the rest of the truck coming along?

Pretty good ... it's all set for the interior. I picked up the new rear seats and harnesses yesterday. Twisted Stitch Pro's to match the front's. Black vinyl with red stitching.

And some more tabs, gussets, and tube flanges, courtesy of Mike.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Brad came over yesterday and after an afternoon of cutting there is not much left:

Got the front seats mostly mounted today including a removable front seat bar to facilitate taking out the tranny from the top:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Rear Seats: (at 6' I fit comfortably)

The framework for the dash:

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Console looks great. Good lines, looks like plenty of room ... did the tube flanges at the rear of the seat end up above or below the floor?

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
I did the half tube thing that I stole from American Chopper LOL Three 1/4" bolts hold the rear of the console to the seat bar.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Twinstick, shifter, and rear stear mounted:

Center dash panel is cut and fitted. Shot of the tabs:

Template for the passenger floor:

Supports for floor:

Passenger mocked in:

Driver in:

bradleyfitz

Club Member
My welds, getting better:

Passenger floor:

Temporary dash panel while I wait for the 12volt guy panel to arrive:

All together again and ready to hit the trails once again:

Adrian and I planned to do a quick shakedown run to make sure my tranny, tc, and engine changes were good to go. While loading the buggy on the trailer, I almost drove into my truck when the brake pedal broke...

An hour later, I had a new spiffy brake pedal made by Andrew. I'm tempted to make it permanent :p

The trail run went well, although it did point out a few things I already new and some new ones.
1) The brakes still suck, despite the bling new pedal.
2) Small fuel leak still, despite a new gas cap.
3) Both the front and rear drive shaft carrier bearings are shot.

O.D.

Club Member
Still a monster to me (Even with the BLING brake pedal :)...

Nice work guys and the welds are coming along great Brad.. I know just what you are going through. It's a great feeling isn't it as your welds start getting better and better !!!!