Build Project Avalanche

Buster

Club Member
Brad, if you want one tunrned down as a trial let me know. I ccan cut the shoulder back on the lathe at work.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Yeah it's what I am leaning towards. I just don't have a whole lot of time, RC trip is coming up soon. I was able to find a Napa part number for the shorter studs (NAPA 641-1210), but after calling Keith he was unable to find them. Checking the US website shows product not found, so must be discontinued. I did manage to find another reference, Euclid E-5719-R. Hat tip to Keith for checking and finding them at Malmberg for me. They have 8 in stock, so I will check them out on Monday. The stud is supposed to be 0.5" longer, but as long as the shoulder is right that will work out fine for me.

Brad , go with your gut feeling! I too would be concerned of weakening the studs. If there are a hardened steel , then you are taking that hardened layer off and reducing the strength. I think it would be cheap insurance for 150.00 IMHO

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Yeah it's what I am leaning towards. I just don't have a whole lot of time, RC trip is coming up soon. I was able to find a Napa part number for the shorter studs (NAPA 641-1210), but after calling Keith he was unable to find them. Checking the US website shows product not found, so must be discontinued. I did manage to find another reference, Euclid E-5719-R. Hat tip to Keith for checking and finding them at Malmberg for me. They have 8 in stock, so I will check them out on Monday. The stud is supposed to be 0.5" longer, but as long as the shoulder is right that will work out fine for me.

On a side note, supposedly McMaster-Carr is now shipping to Canada. Well someone on another forum said that they were able to get some stuff that came from their Cleveland warehouse.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
New studs next to the old one. Same length, only difference is the shoulder length.

Installed

The shoulder still protrudes past the flange, so I will have to run a spacer on the new studs as well as the old.

New seals for the hub:

And last, rock lights hooked back up. Not as nice as Adrian's :flipoff:

Impact

Any winter updates?

Where have you been getting your rebuild (bearings, seals, etc) parts for your rockwells?

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Any winter updates?

Where have you been getting your rebuild (bearings, seals, etc) parts for your rockwells?

Spring updates coming soon, not planning much (haven't started yet).

For the rockwells, I get my bearings locally. The seals, boots, etc I pick up from a vendor on Pirate.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
On my list this spring is: transmission rebuild, doubler, exhaust, and some miscellaneous.

The interior is completely gutted, transmission and np205 are out.

TH400 pr0n: rebuild kit, rvmb, 34 element sprag, low/reverse band. Transmission goes to Pierre next week for the rebuild.

Transmission next to the new ford np203/np205 doubler.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Andrew and I have been working on stuff, pics are buried on the camera, but I will get them up eventually. Transmission has been mostly done for awhile, but we have been waiting on a part for about a week. It arrives tomorrow, so hopefully transmission / tc / doubler installed this weekend.

Exhaust is well under way, just needs final welding.
I changed my plans from George's np203/205 doubler (it would not work easily with my configuration / transmission) and called up North West Fab. They sent me off an un-anodized black box in very short order (great customer service). So doubler will be almost 5:1 now instead of 4:1. I will also get more options. 1:1, 2:1, 3:1, 5:1.
Seat bar changes are next on the hit list. There is some tweaking to accommodate the additional length for the doubler.
Drive shafts have been shortened / lengthened.
Shifter mounting is underway.

New tow rig acquired!