PROJECT - "Truck No More"

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
35 Spline - Gonna run the spicers for now and replace them with the 300m Longfield ones later. First break is no questions asked warranty and they sell them with the spicers :) Rather have the Longfield joints than the Yukon super joints.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
35 Spline - Gonna run the spicers for now and replace them with the 300m Longfield ones later. First break is no questions asked warranty and they sell them with the spicers :) Rather have the Longfield joints than the Yukon super joints.

Should have remembered from the convo at the last meeting. I know some folks report running the forged Spicers for a year or 2 with no problems, then replace as a preventative step. Longs seem cheaper in the long run.

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I'm on my second year of my spicer joints and so far so good. Mind you I'm not on 42s but I'm still not easy on them.

I'm going to look into d44 longfield joints on Adrian's recommendation.

Baja

I run spicer's too. The pass side is 4 years old and still fine. ( I had the shafts out this spring to inspect/fix shit). Blew up the drivers side 2 years ago but that was due to the cap backing out not the joint failing. Now I tack weld the caps in, no problems since.

Jimbog

Club Member
Cool mine are 35 spline with longfields,
I don't think I have to worry about breaking them with my little motor! lol

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Well, the buggy is needing some love so I started removing stuff.

Thanks for the Mud, North Augusta:

Took out the seats, and the removal floor panels:

Plan for the next little while is to finish skinning the trans tunnel, the rear floor - so people stop burning their shoes on the mufflers - and skin the back part of the floor in preparation for some sub boxes behind the front seats.

Also this winter, I want to skin the roof with aluminum, repaint the whole buggy and relocate the steering ram (might go double ended steering arms and mount it behind the axle)

:beer:

Badweld

Im thinking of a double ended steering cylinder as well. With those fancy heims too. I think you should clear coat over the mud, kind of like a bed liner look, only brown....ish.

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Im thinking of a double ended steering cylinder as well. With those fancy heims too. I think you should clear coat over the mud, kind of like a bed liner look, only brown....ish.

Maybe clear coat over bare metal? :)

O.D.

Club Member
When i messed up my grill and the black paint over the yellow orange peeled, after cursing for a bit, i started to sand it down and it came out like this:

I thought it looked kinda cool so i just started randomly brushing against the grill with the sander to mark it up some more. Then clear coated it a few times...

Different :)

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
I changed the fuel filter today. Went away from the crappy plastic in line ones and went to a crappy metal in line one.

If your looking for a cheap filter for -6 line, use this from CT:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Since it was above 0 today, I took the opportunity to pressure wash all the crap off it today.

Took me a while, was interesting pressure washing in the snow, but kind of fun :)

Now I will not have to get muddy just to work on the thing. :beer:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Been doing some skinning.

Bent up some 1/2" round bar to make the shape of the rear floor.

Paper template made:

Also, Jamie and I got the sides of the tunnel cut while drinking lots of :beer: