PROJECT - Truktor

R

Root Moose

Yeah, I thought I saw Sid Murphy driving around in Arnprior yesterday (was at TSC).

:)

D

Dirk

Bled the brakes, got the tires mounted....and drove it around the yard. :D

edit: my wife also drove...with a big smile on her face.... :)

:beer::beer: time now. :)

Last edited:
D

Dirk

Brought it home last night ...... want it in the driveway for my birthday...today. :D

When I started it , I noticed the rust hole in the oilpan:

Picked up some Permatex Cold Weld:

Patched the hole this morning. 16 hours to cure no driving tonight. :(

Will try to get the steering adjusted tonight, and finish the lights and wipers tomorrow.
Will have to take it for a tour Sunday.

Last edited:
D

Dirk

Yeah, homestretch for sure. :)

Drove up and down the trailer a few times...without ramps, and just my AT's on it....its kinda like wheeling in my driveway.

Got the steering linkage adjusted and tightened up. Started on the rear wiring, another 2 hours or so it'll be done. Then its drivable...albeit witour powersteering.

D

Dirk

Took it out for a couple drives today....works well enough on the road, power is very limited, as expected, 100km/h max. :)

A few more loose ends tied up, rearlights all done, battery hold downs made, tied up some loose cables and lines, installed fan shroud and some interior stuff.
Fuel return still leaks, though...epoxied top of the tank....may be the rubber line now. :pissed:

Brother inlaw gave me some aliminium, :). Will get interior door panels and shifter cover made this week.

Started on the hydraulic pump installation today. Promptly snapped a bolt in the head .... :banghead: Still not sure how I'll drive it. One little V-belt may not be enough...considering chain drive. :confused:

May not have power steering for next wekend......

D

Dirk

Pic from last Monday...its Maiden Voyage...

Shifter boots and cover:

Fatory temp gauge and oil light would work....so some new mechanical ones for peace of mind.

Couldn't hook them up tho....need adaptors :banghead: , comming tomorrow.

But the aluminium fairy dropped of some goodies:

and theres a door panel:

and I figured out how to plumb my hydraulic circuits:

:beer:

Last edited:

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
man!! looking great! And it looks like the winch brought down the front end a little also!!
:beer::beer:

D

Dirk

Thanks guys :)

I am quite pleased with the results so far.
Picked up the adaptors for temp & oil gauges this morning. I sure hope they fit.
I am anxious to see the oil pressure. When I removed the sending unit, it had no oil on it, and none ran out the hole it screws into, and looking in the oil gallery seems devoid of oil also. :eek:
I sure hope it has pressure..... What worries me it the pickup tube I made.
Will know more tonight.

If oiling is not a problem, we'll start on the Hydro pump mount tonight. The pump is huge and space is limited. This is when I wish I'd build a fullsize.

R

Root Moose

I'm sure the pickup is fine unless there is a pin hole leak in it or something.

D

Dirk

First thing when I got home tonight was hook up the Oil pressure gauge...and all is well. :)

pressure at idle:

and at some higher revs:

I am so relieved. :) :beer:

Also finished my door panels:

:beer: time now.

Last edited:
D

Dirk

Ran the gorge today, Dwayne & Steve came along.
Great run, nothing broke, on my truck anyway, and it climbed everything I tried. :D
Steve bent up a drag link pretty bad, but we pulled it straight enough to continue with Dwaynes winch.
Now I just have to get he hydraulics done, "cause i am not taking it out without power steering again. Man am I sore.

Pics to come......

D

Dirk

Pics from the Gorge:

My wife came along, of course, but bailed before some of the obstacles....:lmao:

Anyone recognize the obstacle....?

walked up, first try... :flipoff:

...compression braking works exellent with 224:1 overall ratio...:)
Look Mom ...no hands....or feet for that matter.

and a departing shot.....

:beer:

Last edited:
S

snippy

It'll be nice to finally see this thing out on the trails :) Awesome job!