Project -XJ Evolution

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Well I think I finally have the correct angle figured for my transmission so that I won't break the t-case again.
DSCF5203 (Medium)..JPG

The XJ and I have been having words this week so I figured I would show her who the boss was and pulled the engine and front end out tonight so that she will know it is I who decides whether we got to Spring Fever or not!

DSCF5215 (Medium)..JPG
DSCF5214 (Medium)..JPG

(I hope)
:banghead:
dj

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Are you modifying the engine mounts? looks like you'll be working right to the last minute - we're certainly no strangers to that! lol

marek

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Hey Marek
How you doing? Sorry I missed that other post did you get the rest of your tan? I actually already had the engine mounts in but I have run into more issues with the old Renix motor and I am swapping in the 91 "Chrysler" Engine. It has been a nightmare it has not run since last Monday. Last minute and last second, man I didn't even think I was taking on a big project as I was not going to be working to the last minute this year......hahahhahahahah.....everybody who knows me laughs now too.

dj

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
hehehe, everything is going well, we're keeping busy. I'll be ordering all the heim joints and everything that goes with that including all the hydo-assist stuff at the end of the month, I've already started a detailed "to do" list for when i get home! I'm looking forward to checking out the pictures from spring fever!

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
LoL, 2 days before an event and your truck looks like *that*!!! HAHAHAHA If it makes it up there....all I can say is wow! Mine's all shined up and ready to go. :)

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Now I know that alot of people are jealous of us who own XJ's and I think I have figured out part of the reason why......it is that we are "frameless" and frankly those of you dealing with "cumbersome" frames just don't think it is fair that we have all this freedom. Now I am here to tell you that not having a full frame is not always it is cracked up to be, occasionally we do run into problems as well.

:lmao:

So I have finally got my panhard so it does not rip off the "frame" with extensive plating and gussetting which then leaves all the stress on the steering box which I bought one of the aftermarket plates when I first bought the truck and it is made to strengthen the "frame" for the steering box and bumper attatchement but I think my truck as evolved past that simple of a fix.

I felt something rubbing in my steering when I was moving the truck the other day so I had Connie cycle the steering while I watched :clue: What I saw was the entire end of the unibody moving almost an inch either way.
Here is the carnage:

It even cracked the strengthening plate so I am going to use it as a template for the inside and drill holes in both for rosettes and make a plate for the bottom as well.
Yes I should have done it while doing the panhard and no I didn't have "time" then do it. :flipoff:

See XJ's are not perfect trucks :p

Dwayne

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
I suppose it's just a matter of time for that area to weaken! When i rip out all my crappy steering for the PSC stuff i'll definately be plating everything. When do you figure you'll start the exo?

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
I suppose it's just a matter of time for that area to weaken! When i rip out all my crappy steering for the PSC stuff i'll definately be plating everything. When do you figure you'll start the exo?

Hey Marek
When I had to the "frame" reinforcement I just kept going with all the little projects I wanted to do including getting the second factory a/c fan installed as the aftermarket one I have is not cutting it. Rerouting my trans lines and installing a cooler, a real shift lever for my doubler and installing my electonic shifter for the AW4. Then I will finally get to exo and 1-link.

Dwayne
:beer"

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
OMG! You didn't really just say that did you? When you coming wheeling Jon?
:lmao: :confused: :flipoff:

Yes, Yes I did. But I didn't rip my truck apart a few days before an event with plans to have it done. I'll be wheeling at SuziCan with -- Cough, Cough, Hack, Cough -- Lynne's YJ -- Atleast it's got a 5.0 C6 and twin-sticked 205

:beer: :flipoff:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Yes, Yes I did. But I didn't rip my truck apart a few days before an event with plans to have it done. I'll be wheeling at SuziCan with -- Cough, Cough, Hack, Cough -- Lynne's YJ -- Atleast it's got a 5.0 C6 and twin-sticked 205

:beer: :flipoff:
Hmmm....this is unheard of. That sounds like that YJ Mike had.....could it be?

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Hmmm....this is unheard of. That sounds like that YJ Mike had.....could it be?

Yeah it is definetly is, he bought i a while ago. Where have you been? Glad to hear he's gunna have it wheelable by suzican. Too bad i might be missing it.

Thats crazy Dwayne. I figured it would have good after plating it and fixing it the last time. Looks like the LF of the unibody is gunna be pretty beefy after your done with it.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Yeah it is definetly is, he bought i a while ago. Where have you been? Glad to hear he's gunna have it wheelable by suzican.

Now, now, get it right. I did not buy a Heep. Lynne did, the YJ is hers. I just have to fix it and keep it running. The drivetrain makes up for the downside of having a jeep in the driveway.

Now if I stumble upon a V8 Scrambler, that would be a different story....