September Run ~ Quinn with Northumberland

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Nope, I am pretty sure I am busy next weekend. I doubt I will be doing anything until Oct 1st :(

N

Newfie Jeeper

I'm up for anything from this weekend on, just let me know a few days in advance so i can switch tires

J

JKMurf

I'd be up for a run to Lavant on the 19th. Has anyone been in the last 3-4 weeks? Wondering if the water has gone down (or up) in that tough spot?

bradleyfitz

Club Member
I'd be up for a run to Lavant on the 19th. Has anyone been in the last 3-4 weeks? Wondering if the water has gone down (or up) in that tough spot?

I was there a couple of weeks ago. The main water hole was quite high, swallowed the 44" boggers. The other mud hole in the middle of the trail was fine, we had a stock JK through.

J

JKMurf

I was there a couple of weeks ago. The main water hole was quite high, swallowed the 44" boggers. The other mud hole in the middle of the trail was fine, we had a stock JK through.

Holy crap! I was hoping I could pass on that side. The last time I was out there I went through the mud hole in the middle of the trail with my stock JK (cracked the driverside running board) but I've since got a 3in lift and 35 inch tires so I'm hoping that should get me through without getting hung up this time but I'm worried I am too wide to avoid having to driving over both rocks at the same time. I've got 1 1/2" wheel spacers on now.

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Holy crap! I was hoping I could pass on that side. The last time I was out there I went through the mud hole in the middle of the trail with my stock JK (cracked the driverside running board) but I've since got a 3in lift and 35 inch tires so I'm hoping that should get me through without getting hung up this time but I'm worried I am too wide to avoid having to driving over both rocks at the same time. I've got 1 1/2" wheel spacers on now.

If you are running 35" tires you need to start thinking about getting on top of those rocks instead of squeezing between them ...

O.D.

Club Member
Shawn....... No need to be worried :)

If worse comes to worse, you could go up along the Left side and bypass the rocks but who wants to do that!!! Like Brad said, with 35's you are now going over the rocks :)

Good to see you back online too!

J

JKMurf

Shawn....... No need to be worried :)

If worse comes to worse, you could go up along the Left side and bypass the rocks but who wants to do that!!! Like Brad said, with 35's you are now going over the rocks :)

Good to see you back online too!

Thanks! Yes, I don't get out to do much off-roading during the summer months, but able to free up a little time during the fall season. Alright then, I'll just drive over those pesky rocks! :heep:

J

JKMurf

Unfortunately, I have to pull out for the 19th do to an unexpected birthday party but I'm in for sure if there's a run the weekend of the 25th-26th. :banghead:

Cochise

Unfortunately, I have to pull out for the 19th do to an unexpected birthday party but I'm in for sure if there's a run the weekend of the 25th-26th. :banghead:

There are two runs for that weekend. Northumberland Offroad club is running the Quinn on the 25th (you might want to ask them, in case they're full up) and there's this one on the 25th and the Lingham power lines on the 26th.

N

Newfie Jeeper

I'm new to the area is there someone that can meet me somewhere around carling to show me the way i have no idea where to go?

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Map link

Basically head west out of Ottawa on the 417, take the second March Road exit (it's after Carp Road/Hwy7, not in Kanata), turn left on March, follow this road until it ends and you're in Hopetown. I believe the meeting place is just down the 511 (turn right and park on the shoulder), but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Cochise

Map link

Basically head west out of Ottawa on the 417, take the second March Road exit (it's after Carp Road/Hwy7, not in Kanata), turn left on March, follow this road until it ends and you're in Hopetown. I believe the meeting place is just down the 511 (turn right and park on the shoulder), but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

That's it. When on March road, you'll go through Almonte. Keep going straight through, until you hit a T in the road at the end. Turn right, stop at the gas station on the left.