Build Project Liberty - Trail/Overland Jeep Build

Function > Form

Club Member
Yesterday, I received the springs, shocks, front strut spacer plates (between tophat and body) and bumps. :)

After some more bathroom reno progress (aka 'The Nightmare') I'll find an hour or two to install this stuff and the new intermed. shaft.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Has your bathroom been ongoing since Jan 2nd? Mine has!!!!
Technically I still haven't finished my bathroom, I still have to finish some of the trim on the door. I started that before my axle swap.
One of these days....

Function > Form

Club Member
Has your bathroom been ongoing since Jan 2nd? Mine has!!!!

I feel your pain. It's been at LEAST since then...more like mid-December. I call it 'The Nightmare' because it's a 1942 house that has had all manner of DIY and none of it very well done. The former 2x6 windowsill rivals styrofoam for lightness. Most of the studs are straight-ish. Wiring is of various ages, more or less safely installed. Emphasis on the less...

The masonite behind the stucco is pretty brutal since they punched holes through the stucco when mounting the wood strips for the vinyl siding. They decided not to fill the fist-sized holes afterwards???

Technically I still haven't finished my bathroom, I still have to finish some of the trim on the door. I started that before my axle swap.
One of these days....

Trim pfffft you don't need trim if you have a floor. And walls. And working plumbing. And electrical.

IMAG1267.jpg

Function > Form

Club Member
I should also add that we are on the upswing with the bathroom though. Just lots of shit to deal with first and we had to demo it when the shower wall started to disintegrate. So, we were doing the demo as well as the planning which took a lot of time.

junkpile

I too own a home of a certain vintage (; one thing I can recommend is to let your ins. broker know of all electrical, roofing, heating and plumbing upgrades. Believe it or not these things can actually reduce your premiums.
Oh aaaand what is that you're holding in the above picture?

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I too own a home of a certain vintage (; one thing I can recommend is to let your ins. broker know of all electrical, roofing, heating and plumbing upgrades. Believe it or not these things can actually reduce your premiums.
Oh aaaand what is that you're holding in the above picture?

That plus if anything is done without a permit and something happens, they can walk away from covering it Last paragraph alludes to it (technically all electrical and plumbing modifications are supposed to have a permit issued).

Last edited:

Function > Form

Club Member
Thanks junkpile and 2Greys :) Love the old house character and architecture, don't really love the surprises, although I'm a sucker for a challenge now and again.

What I'm holding? That is? was? the former windowsill I mentioned above...

junkpile

Whooooaaaa!! Really? Awesome! I thought it was a paper wasp nest you found inside the wall or something, I really didn't think that was a 2x6 lol.

Function > Form

Club Member
IMAG1284.jpgIMAG1286.jpg

Made some progress today - installed the springs and shocks....sooooo buttery smooth...and TALL :D

Can't wait to get out on the trails in a couple weeks. Gawd...need some bigger tires.

Function > Form

Club Member
Thanks 2Greys, to be honest, I am quite surprised at how much lift I got out of this, although it likely isn't completely settled yet.

I started with measurements of 18" from hub to fender all around, now I'm at 22" front and 23" rear...pretty good gain. After tires, I should be sky high for a liberty.

another money shot
IMAG1289.jpg

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Yeah, it'll probably settle some. Looking forward to the before/after shots with tires.

Function > Form

Club Member
This weekend we went camping in North Frontenac on Redhorse Lake, actually just a little ways from Quinn where you guys were running SF on one of the days. It was a nice weekend, a little grey on Saturday, but it cleared up and was beautiful on Sunday. Blackflies weren't too too bad, but the non-biting midges were so plentiful they were flying in my ears and eyes constantly.

This is at Dwyer Marsh just off Hydro Lane - looks like a nice canoeing lake, but didn't have time to put in as we were just exploring a bit before heading home. We were actually trying to get all the way down to Mosque Lake and then out on the 509, but we took a wrong turn and I realized after getting home we should've crossed the creek after passing Granite Lake instead of taking a right turn there. Oh well. Nice day for a drive. At Granite Lake, we saw a couple cool rigs, a big white Scottsdale (Chev) with stacks and 37/40" mudders and a chopped pickup on 33s/35s? We exchanged waves.

This is on a tight ATV trail, there was a mud pit at the intersection, so we headed back (no winch and we were alone).

Attachments

• 95vhuv.jpg
    95vhuv.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 16

Function > Form

Club Member
Ordered the 32's yesterday!!!! Happy day.

LT 235/85/16 load E Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10

I thought about getting duratracs, but they were about $60 more per tire on average.

Also thought about putting on a set of 265/75s, but I would have potential clearance issues with the stock wheels (too close to the sway and ubj).

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Curious how a load range E will ride and wear on such a light vehicle - let me know how you like them.