PROJECT - "Truck No More"

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
What I got from it was that with the upgraded front output, front drive would pop out of engagement all the time due to both the Stak and JB shafts not having those little "nubs" machines on the teeth.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
I got that they probably needed to be shimmed. Post up or I will and ask vetteboy what he ever did in the end. Or I guess just PM him.

Buster

Club Member
Vetteboy??
Thats Chris from Big Dogs I think, Adrian knows him well.
Shared a few bottles of Honey Bourbon with him.....

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I got that they probably needed to be shimmed. Post up or I will and ask vetteboy what he ever did in the end. Or I guess just PM him.

That's what I got out of it too, although it did seem like there may be some machining necessary to either make sure there are the little nubs or a deeper cut on one side of the gears.

I saw "stak" and "popping out gear", and figured it was the 18 page (or whatever it is) thread on the 3-speed monster t-case. I know there is a similar popping out of gear issue with them as well.

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Vetteboy??
Thats Chris from Big Dogs I think, Adrian knows him well.
Shared a few bottles of Honey Bourbon with him.....

Yup, that's him. He is the one that started the whole Honey Bourbon thing in the first place with us LOL

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Got a response:

Hey!

Nah still got the stocker in there...blew up plenty of other parts around it but that one's been good. The only reason the first one went is because I lost a limit strap and drooped it out too far and bound the yoke up.

I'll sell ya the upgraded one cheap. :laughing:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Finally got around to taking apart the rear shaft I broke at Cloyne.

Broke the "H" for the CV. Guess it's better than breaking the D300 rear output ;)

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Are you replacing it with the same size CV or going bigger?

I'll replace it with the same for now. 8 years of abuse with an 25 year old part is not too bad. If I ever go Atlas, I'll go bigger :glasses:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Got some nice shiny new parts for the buggy.

I have a couple worn out joints in the rear. Replacing with the same kind (Summit Machine):

New Mufflers (Magnaflows on it have no baffles left) - These are Flowmaster 10's

And most importantly, a new rad (Tired of the overheating issues) - This is a Griffin Circle Track Rad - Dual Core - Crossflow - With LS inlets/outlets.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Nice! Looking forward to hearing how the Flowmaster's sound with the 5.3. Been debating picking up a second Magnaflow, or selling the one I've got to go with the 10-series as well.