PROJECT ~~ ODTJ I (Renamed!)

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Wow that looks really good. I have to say I envy your patience for detail, I can't seem to ever slow myself down enough to make things look that good.

Dwayne

L

Louis

Very nice, love the fenders/fender flares. Where do you get the drive shafts? Tom Woods custom drive shafts?

Louis

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Definitely coming along nicely. It will almost be a shame to wheel it LOL ;)

Really liking the color choice :smokin:

O.D.

Club Member
Most of my weekend was shot, however i went at it late last night and got about 4 hours in today....

Finished the dash, and the interior, got the 2nd coat on the hood and started putting the components back on (Added a few additional pieces to the hood!!!
). I ended up painting all the interior dash pieces to match the overall color of the Jeep (Yeah, that's right!!! More OD green and black!!)

Some pics:

1997 OD TJ / 4.5" RE Superflex / SYE / Tom Woods /35X12.5 MT Baja's on ProComps / Energy Bushings all around / Titan 10000lb / Genright LED's, Rear Flares / PS Ricochets Sides / PS Rear Guards / PS Front Flatties / HPR Fr&R Bumpers / 4.10's with a Locker in the Rear ~~~~

O.D.

Club Member
Well..... TJ is just about there.... Body is now all done and on.

Left to do:
  • Once I get the NOVAK TC kit, install that
  • Get all my LED's wired in to the harness
  • Brakes bled and set up
  • Get the measurements and order the Driveshaft
  • Send the jeep off to get the custom cage built.
The ONLY problem is that it's not turning over
. I expected as much. I know i have a few grounds still left to attach so i am dearly hoping that might be it. I have full juice on the electrics, however absolutely nothing when i turn the ignition......

Some eye candy:

O.D.

Club Member
Final Update on 1st stage of build

Well..... The time has come. I have pretty much completed what i wanted to get done (Minus the full cage) for this year.

I ended up replacing the rad with a new one (Thanks Keith!!) as the existing was pretty crappy.

I got the NOVAK TC shift kit installed and other than a few adjustments to make, it is very smooth and so much simpler than that OE setup.

Had a CV Driveshaft made up and reconnected my rear axle.

Brakes are all bled and secured and work well. I may have to rebuild the rears however am hoping i don't have to as i plan on swapping out the rear axle anyways

Replaced the visors from tan to Black to match the rest of the colors.

Had a nice 2.5" SS exhaust bent up for past the cat with a real nice sounding muffler. The tail pipe site a bit lower than i was hoping, however i just might live with it or perhaps take it back for alternatives.. We'll see.

My lad who was to build my custom cage had to delay due to an impending house move so it might not happen now till next year. In the interim, i painted up my existing cage in black and bolted it back up for now.

Regarding the engine, i was amazingly surprised that the ONLY problems i had were that i neglected to connect the wiring for the ignition AND there was a relay blown for the starter. EVERYTHING else worked as it should, which is incredible considering i literally had every single part apart to de-grease, etc.... It just blows my mind.

The ONLY downside i still have are issues with my LED's. I brought it to a shop and they advised me that it's my turn signal switch as it doubles as a multi-function switch for the lights and signals. It's been on back order now for over 2 weeks (And Cass.... Yup, with Car Canada....) with no end in sight.... As a result of this, i cannot get the TJ safetied. So, i am scowering the sites for a used one. IF i don't come across one locally by the end of the weekend, i just might buy one off eBay and take my chances.. We'll see.

I still have to get myself some D-ring shackles, some door surrounds and a soft top if i have any intentions of driving it late into the fall.

I hope to, over this coming winter swap out the axles for D44's with 4.88's and ARB's. We'll see how the funds co-operate

I was really hoping to get to use it more late in the summer but at the rate i am going and the fact that i have absolutely no top/uppers, i might now be looking at next year :(

Some final parting shots

O.D.

Club Member
Yup, standard fare, at least from what i recall for the 97-2004-ish years... I just upped the bushings to energy and added extendable arms at each end to compensate for the lift.

O.D.

Club Member
Well.... I told myself i would enjoy at least a few weekends with OD before i start sloppin' it around in the mud.... Looks like my patience suck arssse. I don't even have it licensed, safetied or E-tested yet. I first ran a few snowmobile trails around my place with my son and he just loved it. Then, i remembered a neighbor mentioning a muddy section that i should try. So i did. Put it right up to almost the doors! Suffice it to say, it "Ain't" clean no more

I now respect the need to have a soft top for, at the very least keep the mud out of the cockpit. That or get myself some 6" flares!!!

K

knockout18

nicely done:D

I'm sure it was a blast to drive especially after all the hard work.

Good job:beer: